Now that Thanksgiving is over, I feel like I can officially welcome the Christmas spirit and all that holiday joy, happiness and…quite frankly madness…that comes along for the ride during this most festive time of year! The tree is up, there’s a chill in the air and I’ve even started my shopping…let the Christmas fun begin!
What mom’s like us really need this time of year is a game plan, a holiday bucket list, if you will. St. Louis is full of so many great things to do with the kiddos,you don’t want to miss any of it!
Here’s my St. Louis Christmas Bucket List for 2015
1) See a great light display! We’ve got NINE really good public displays in St. Louis, from the Anheuser-Busch Brewery Holiday Lights to the O’Fallon light show in Fort Zumwalt Park. Some of these are even free!
2) Take a good holiday photo of both my boys…together! I gave up on Santa pictures with both kids once Ryan got taller than Santa…the last decent photo of them together at Christmas is from 2010. (I have plenty of candids, but nothing posed.) I wonder how much you have to bribe a teenager to stand NEAR Santa?
3) Visit Santa! Ryan might be off the hook for a Santa photo, but Mitch is still little enough to at least pretend to still believe. Last year we got a picture at the Museum of Transportation and this year we saw Santa while riding the Polar Express at Union Station. There’s ONE I can check off!
4) Send out Christmas Cards! And not just the ones I sign for my hubbie’s clients.
5) Make some ornaments! Mitch and I have had a lot of fun making Minecraft ornaments. I think we’re going to make some painted ones this year!
6) Bake Christmas Cookies! Every year our Cub Scout troop has a cookie baking contest–and mom is not allowed to help! But I’m also doing a big Cookie Exchange this year, so we’ll need lots of cookies! I’ll have to bake way more than I need if I have Mitch helping me…and eating them fresh off the tray.
7) Donate to Toys for Tots! Donating to Toys for Tots is always fun, since you can usually find a nice bunch of handsome Marines at radio station sponsored toy drives this time of year. BUT this year we can donated our toys to a Marine AND a Clydesdale! Yep, Grant’s Farm is opening their stable on Dec. 12 for a toy drive. Be there!