One of the reason I love St. Louis is all the great FREE stuff to do in this town! Here are 13 amazing free places play in that you can take your kids this summer (or any weekend that you’re looking for something to do)! A couple of these places ask that you pay for parking in their lot–but I have tips on how to avoid that too!
- CityGarden: Is it a park or an outdoor art museum? We’re not sure, but it’s a lot of fun!
- Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate: Tour a factory that makes Chocolate and get a free sample. Yum!
- Frisco Train Store: It’s really a toy store, but your kid’s can enjoy the 15 foot train table for free.
- Grant’s Farm: Take the bike path and you can skip the parking fee.
- Laumeier Sculpture Park: Art and Nature together! Bring your dog too, and hike a fantastic trail through the woods.
- Lone Elk Park: This county park is actually a nature preserve full of deer and bison.
- Missouri Botanical Garden: St. Louis city and county residents can visit on Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 9 a.m. to noon for free admission.
- Missouri History Museum: Hands on displays make this museum fun for the kids!
- Powder Valley Conservation Nature Center: Another county park that’s really a fun museum for kids.
- Purina Farms: Great animal fun for the wee ones. You do need to RSVP though.
- Saint Louis Science Center: Park on the planetarium side and you’ll get in totally free.
- Saint Louis Zoo: Hit the zoo early and you’ll get into the Children’s Zoo, Carousel and Stingrays for free during the first hour.
- World Bird Sanctuary: It’s like a zoo for birds of prey!
Bonus: The Anheuser-Busch Brewery is also completely free to tour. Though not technically a place to “play” it’s pretty cool to see how a beverage is made. Adults can get a couple free samples, too.
Still want more? How about a list of our favorite playgrounds? They’re always free too! Is it a rainy day? Then here’s a few places to play inside! Feeling like a day trip? Then you gotta take the kids to Elephant Rocks State Park…oh yeah, it’s free.