It might be 92 degrees outside, but that’s not stopping the big box stores from proclaiming that Halloween is just around the corner! Yes, it’s time for pumpkins, Halloween costumes…and big bags of candy bars. Now if you’re anything like me, you’re seriously thinking about grabbing a big bag of chocolate to hide in your closet. But let’s not go there, m’kay.
It’s time to think quality over quantity.
I recently sampled a little California sunshine in the form of super awesome Chuao Chocolatier’s new line: The California Collection. They sent me a free sample of bars*, from Salted Caramel Dreamin’ to Pool Party Pretzel…and they were all good. But I new that, I’ve treated myself to Chuao chocolate before–you can find them over at Dierberg’s and Target.
*I should let you know this post is sponsored, because I got free goodies. My opinion is always my own.
These chocolates are so special, you may not want to share them with your kids. Personally, I kept a couple hidden away for later, because once the boys discovered a box of deluxe chocolate in the house…they were gone.
What I really love about Chuao are the interesting flavor combos–have you tried their Pop Corn Pop or Baconluxious chocolate bars? Wow. Or should I say, chew-WOW? By the way, Chuao Chocolatier is named after a village in Venezuela that produces the best cocao beans in the world. Master Chef Michael Antonorsi‘s ancestors are from that region.
What in the new line? Well lemme tell you!
· Sun Kissed Coconut: Your personal pocket full of sunshine with crunchy almonds and toasted coconut chillin’ out in milk chocolate.
· Pool Party Pretzel: Dive into deliciousness with crushed pretzels and crunchy toffee in a pool of sweet milk chocolate.
· Salted Caramel Dreamin’: Live out your west coast fantasy with sweet caramel toffee and sultry sea salt in creamy milk chocolate.
· Sea Salt Surf: Take your taste buds on a seaside getaway, where savory sea salt swims in waves of rich dark chocolate.
· Bright & Sunny Honey: Escape to California, where awesome almonds and bits of crunchy honey toffee play all day in rich dark chocolate.
You can order these awesome chocolates directly from Chuao Chocolatier. At the moment, they’re running a birthday sale, so feel free to stock up. And like I said, you’re likely to find these at Target and Dierberg’s locally. And if you’re about ready to do a little Amazon shopping, you can get all sorts of Chuao bars there! (note: that’s an affiliate link–I’ll get a small commission from Amazon if you order)