You know those little paper balloons you used to see at the store to support Children’s Miracle Network? I know I’ve bought more than a few, because hey, helping sick kids is always a good cause!* Especially when it’s local. But I never really knew what Children’s Miracle Network did with all that money.
FYI: this post is sponsored by the awesome people at Noodles and Co who love to give back to the St. Louis community!
Here’s a few things I found that Children’s Miracle Network has funded at Children’s Hospital in St. Louis
- It built a cool “stay and play” room for siblings so parents don’t need to entertain their healthy kid while attending to the needs of a sick child or a child with a doctor’s appointment.
- They built a roof top garden for kids to get outside without leaving the hospital building.
- They support a school room at the hospital so kids of ANY age won’t fall behind on school work while having an extended stay.
- They help the Healthy Kids Express, a traveling health care van that visits local kids for free.
- They fund Child Services, a department dedicated to making hospital visits less stressful.