It’s Friday the 13th and I’m ready to go hide under my covers!
Are you the superstitious sort? I try not to be…but sometimes I just can’t help it. Is it really a day of bad luck, or is it just that I notice “bad” things more easily today?
Friday the 13th
I got the following tips from The Masters of Terror themselves, the Darkness and Creepyworld Haunted Scream Park. These guys know scary…in fact, last year I toured the Darkness WITH THE LIGHTS ON and still got creeped out.
So…let’s see those tips, shall we?
13 Tips for Surviving Friday the 13th
- Stay away from Ouija boards. Try a good game of Scrabble instead.
- Avoid black cats. Get some good luck instead by supporting local shelter programs that take care of feline friends.
- Don’t hurt yourself trying to spell “paraskevidekatriaphobia” – the word for fear of Friday the 13th.
- Don’t walk under a ladder. It’s both superstition and common sense.
- Don’t hang out with anyone named Jason.
- Don’t go camping. You’ve seen the movies.
- If you have 13 letters in your name, you’re said to have “the devil’s luck” so you might want to avoid tempting fate on Friday the 13th.
- If you see someone in a hockey mask and you’re not at a hockey game – run!
- Don’t start a new business on Friday the 13th. It will be doomed to fail.
- Stay out of the woods at night.
- Don’t dine with 12 other people. When 13 people share a meal, it’s said that one will die before the end of the year.
- Don’t break a mirror. It’s said to bring seven years of bad luck.
- DO visit The Darkness and Creepyworld Haunted Scream Park in St. Louis for the two safest and most fun places you and your friends can have a good scream together on a very scary day.