Hey baseball fans! There’s a huge cross-state rivalry going on in the Gateway City between the St. Louis Cardinals the Kansas City Royals! If you’re planning on visiting St. Louis for the series, then here’s a few more things you can put on your weekend to do list!
7 Awesome Things to do Downtown Before or After a Cardinal’s Game
1) Hang out in Ballpark Village. There’s usually something exciting happening here, plus there’s a restaurant that looks right into the stadium. Check out the calendar for more info.
2) Visit the Gateway Arch. Yeah! Construction is finally over and you just have to see our new museum!
3) Play like Tom Sawyer. Mark Twain was from Missouri–and he piloted a river boat on the Mississippi as a young man. You can ride a boat named after one of his book characters: Tom Sawyer or Becky Thatcher. Sightseeing tours last an hour and leave from the foot of the Arch.
4) Pet a Clydesdale. Touring the Anheuser-Busch Brewery is actually very family friendly. There’s a free tour and a $10 tour. Both come with beer (and soda). You can also get lunch or dinner here at the beer garden.
5) Eat the best pretzels in the world. Gus’ Pretzels are a St. Louis favorite and if you’re near the brewery, stop by for a fresh one. They’re right across the highway on Arsenal Street.
6) Splash in a fountain. Citygarden is one of the coolest parks in town, and your kids will have so much fun they won’t realize they’re soaking in art as well.
7) Go city spelunking. Take the kids to the City Museum, the most interesting interactive “children’s museum” in the country. Seriously, Google it. You can crawl through tunnels, can climb on art and slide down a TEN story slide in this converted factory-o-fun. Warning: this museum is not safe for helicopter parents. You’ll want a helmet. And kneepads. Maybe some GPS locator device to strap to the children. But seriously, this place is for older kids. Leave the babies at home.