The kids are bored…again…and your wallet is empty…again.
You’ve been to the local park three times already this week.
And if you have to sit on that same playground bench and make small talk with Perfect Becky one more minute you might just snap…
We’ve all been there, stuck with a house full of kids–or even one really noisy kid–and budget with no wiggle room for entertainment. Sure, you could stay home and watch TV, read books or play in the yard…but sometimes you just need to get OUT of the house.
Free Places to Visit in St. Louis with the kids
These places are all super fun and don’t ever charge admission. Extras might cost…extra, and free parking may not be super easy to find, but I’ll show you where to park to avoid those pay lots when I can!
Free Museums in St. Louis
Museums don’t have to be boring–and most of these NEVER charge admission. Even our prim and proper Saint Louis Art Museum has super fun family days where they get down on the kid’s level and let them really understand and appreciate art as a kid. And if your kid loves to run around and touch EVERYTHING then take them City Garden or Laumeier for their art appreciation…outside!
- Saint Louis Science Center (educational AND fun)
- Powder Valley Nature Center (learn about nature in your backyard)
- Magic House Free Days and coupons (this place is Magic)
- Saint Louis Art Museum (go on a Sunday for family fun)
- Laumeier Sculpture Park (hike around the art, great for Pokemon players too!)
- City Garden (soak up more culture while having fun)
- Missouri History Museum (check out the Kid’s History Clubhouse!)
Free Zoo and Animal Parks
Do your kids love animals? You’re in luck, because our world class Saint Louis Zoo has NO admission charge! We also have Grant’s Farm and a park full of awesome birds of prey.
- Saint Louis Zoo for Free (Best Zoo in the US!)
- Grant’s Farm (goats and camels and llamas, oh my!)
- World Bird Sanctuary (it’s a bird zoo my friend)
- Lone Elk Park (Drive through animal sanctuary)
St. Louis is also the home of Anheuser-Busch, and the Busch family LOOOVE their local fans. Touring the brewery is free and totally family friendly. Also, did you know that Grant’s Farm is the old Busch family home? So it’s only natural that they offer free samples!
- Tour the AB Brewery (yes, it’s totally cool to bring your kids)
- Grant’s Farm (animals for the kids, free beer sampling for the grown ups!)
Two for the Chocolate Lovers
St. Louis is home to a couple of fabulous chocolate companies…but this one will give you a free sample.
- Tour a Chocolate Factory, Because Its Free. And Its Chocolate (Drop in Tours)
- Free St. Louis Fun: Bissinger’s (Tours by RSVP only)
Going to the same park over and over can get boring, so shake things up! We have some AWESOME parks which are great for free fun–plus fresh air and exercise! Here’s our favs!
- 7 Awesome Picnic Parks in St. Louis Your Kids Will Love
- 6 Best Playgrounds in St. Louis
- Turtle Park
- Lone Elk Park
- Des Peres Park
- Kirkwood Park
- Bonus: Day trip to Elephant Rocks